About the Screamer Wiki
The Screamer Wiki, formerly known as the ScreamerChecker Wiki, was founded on November 11th, 2013 on Wikia (now FANDOM) by HLDK, with the simple goal to index all screamers ever made. It has since then grown to 1,049 articles, 17,992 total edits, 0 active contributors, and over 50,000 weekly visits.
The Screamer Wiki had the original purpose to let users check if a website was a screamer or not by searching the name of the website on the wiki, hence the former name ScreamerChecker. Since then, the wiki slowly started to open up and expand to more types of screamers. The wiki now has pages about shock sites, games, videos, and many more.
Here is a timeline of all the milestones and major events the Screamer Wiki went through.
- November 11th, 2013: The ScreamerChecker Wiki is founded by AnimatorXP (HLDK on FANDOM). After creating only four pages, he leaves the wiki for a long time.
- January 21st, 2015: Kianlolcat99 joins the wiki and creates a new page, 420yolo.com, making the wiki grow a little more.
- July 16th, 2015: HLDK comes back to the wiki and works with Kianlolcat99 to make the wiki grow even bigger. More people started to come in every day.
- July 31st, 2015: Sumpy, owner of the Scary Pop-Up Wiki, joins the ScreamerChecker Wiki. The two wikis were merged.
- August 1st, 2015: ScreamerChecker Wiki gets its first and biggest redesign.
- August 4th, 2015: ScreamerChecker Wiki drops the word Checker and rebrands itself to Screamer Wiki.
- August 24th, 2015: Screamer Wiki passes the 100 page milestone.
- September 8th, 2015: Screamer Wiki becomes available in new languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- September 11, 2015: A second big redesign was made to accommodate the name change of the wiki. The colours, the logo and the cursors were changed.
- December 2015: Screamer Wiki becomes the biggest home of screamers ever created, with an impressive record of over 250 pages.
- May 31st, 2016: Screamer Wiki passes the 300 page milestone.
- October 2016: Screamer Wiki passes the 400 page milestone.
- January 2017: After three years and a half, Screamer Wiki passes the major milestone of 500 pages!
- June 2017: Screamer Wiki passes the 600 page milestone.
- January 2018: Screamer Wiki passes the 700 page milestone.
- October 2018: Screamer Wiki passes the 800 page milestone.
- November 11th, 2018: The Screamer Wiki, formerly known as ScreamerChecker Wiki, celebrates its fifth anniversary!
- January 2019: Screamer Wiki becomes available in Indonesian.
- February 2019: Screamer Wiki becomes available in Norwegian.
- April 2019: Screamer Wiki passes 1,000 pages!
- August 2019: After FANDOM staff announced to shut down the wiki in September 2019, Screamer Wiki forked to ScreamerFanbase.com